How our Email System Works
We have written this quick guide to show you how our email system works and how it protects you from disclosing all members email addresses.
- Our email system removes this manual adding of addresses to any “to” or “BCC” fields.
- The email system runs through our addresses book sending everyone an individual email and not a group email so you cant see anyone email addresses. Essentially the system sends a predefined email individually to each member of the address book. ie. Email template sent to email@example.com then loops to next address, email template sent to firstname.lastname@example.org then loops to next address, email template sent to email@example.com
- Each email sent out has a unsubscribe link that the user can click. Even if we try and add the email address of a person who has unsubscribed at any point in the future the system will check and block us from sending to that person. If the user ever wanted to go back on the mailing list we first have to send them a generic email with a link on and for them to click on the link to manually approve their re inclusion thus safeguarding them from spam and giving the end user full control and removing this control from ourselves.
- We also now include the name and physical address of the sender and a variety of other contact methods if anyone wishes to follow the email up. We also include a disclaimer on each email informing the user that email is inherently insecure, informing the user anyone can capture a email in transit if they had skills to do so.
- Before any email is sent out it is always verified by another member of the team.
- Email sent out now by a technically trained person.
If you have any concerns feel free to call us on 020 3317 5177 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to help.